Who Is Neil G. Johnson?
Location: Oregon, USA
Genera: Country | Blues | Folk
About: Neil Gregory Johnson is a cosmic cowboy with a passion for the bar band revival.
As a serious singer-songwriter who doesn't take himself too seriously, his music consists of free-wheeling finger-style guitar, good time country-blues arrangements, passionate vocals and meaningful lyrics. He's a charismatic story-teller and as captivating of a solo performer, as anyone in the alt-country game, but when he has his band behind him he's a honky-tonk force to be reckoned with.
If you like Asleep At The Wheel, Jerry Jeff Walker, or John Prine then you might like Neil Gregory Johnson and his band. Johnson's new album 'Sad Songs For Stay At Home Dads' is available for purchase and can be found on any streaming platform.
Live In Action!
- Neil has shared the stage with national and regional acts such as: Ramblin' Jack Elliot, Robert Randolph and The Family Band, Sean Hayes, Charley Crockett, Shane Smith and The Saints, Booker T. and The M.G.'s, Tommy Castro and The Painkillers and many others.
- Neil is a seasoned entertainer and has performed and taken part in notable festivals and events such as: Highway 30 Music Fest (Idaho), Temecula Bluegrass Fest (California), Riverbend Live (Oregon), Douglas County Fair (Oregon), and many others over the years.
- Neil has released 1 full length album and 2 E.P.'s in the last 5 years, and has received local and regional recognition for his efforts.
- Neil has 1 national tour (42 states), 3 western US tours, and countless regional tours under his belt in the last five years.
- For the last decade Neil has earned a living as a full time working musician. He plays an average of 4/5 days a week at local establishments when he's not touring.
- Neil has been featured on publications and media outlets such as: Roots, Rednecks, and Radicals Podcast, NPR and Mudd Toe Radio Show. Neil has had honorable mentions by Honky-Tonk Times and Old West Americana as well as local radio and publications Best Country 103, Verve Magazine and NR Today.